July 7, 2010 § 1 Comment
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend and it was filled with great food, family, friends, and fun fireworks. We unfortunately experienced wet weather so no fireworks for me. To get everyone excited for the holiday weekend we through an “indoor” BBQ at work . My contribution to the party was mini cupcake brownie sliders. What’s a picnic without a great burger, right.
I got the idea to make these here . They are very easy to make. The great thing about these mini burgers is, they can be made for any occasion.
Cupcake Brownie Burgers
1 Box of yellow cake mix
1 Box of brownie mix
2 Containers of vanilla frosting
Wilton red, yellow, and green icing colors
Sesame seeds for garnish
Here are a few helpful tips for making these:
– Make it a two day process. Bake your cupcakes and brownies the night before and assemble and decorate the next day.
– If baking the day before, as soon as brownies and cupcakes are finished cover with foil and do not unwrap until you are ready to decorate. Do not refrigerate them. This will keep them nice and moist.
– If possible, purchase pre mixed colored icing. Wilton sells most of their icing in ready-made colors.
– Boil a 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. If you brush this on top of the cupcakes the sesame seeds will adhere better.
– Last it’s your Burger, have fun with it. Be as creative as you want!